Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 May 2003 13:07:41 -0700
From:         David Jaffe <david-jaffe@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      FS:  2.1 WBX Vanagon engine w/6K miles & multiple Lilley Upgrade
              options together or separately
Comments: To: wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

Folks,

Only 6K miles since overhaul of a very low mileage engine. Selling complete w/sensors, injectors, pipes, hoses, etc. (Accessories also available.)

Work done by a local machine shop as follows ($1100 worth of work and parts): Block parts (all new): oil seals, Sachs clutch, water pump, coolant & oil sensors, piston rings. Head work: valve grinds & valve guides as needed, testing, new head gaskets. (Running only the VW blue coolant ever since.)

$1800 (Half the cost just to re-build yours!)

ALL OPTIONS NEW AND INSTALLED 6K MILES AGO. WILL SELL ANY OF THEM SEPARATELY AS WELL: Optional: Pauter 1.4 roller-tip ratio rockers, custom-cut chromoly push rods, valve covers & gaskets *installed* for add'l $300 (value $475) Optional: Bosch 022D ECU with "Australian Power Chip" already installed (and original PROM in a static bag) for add'l $350 Optional: ALT, AFM, Air Box, PS Pump, AC Compressor (or will divide) ALL for add'l $200 Optional: Main metal coolant pipe with custom-installed VDO coolant temp sender for add'l $50 Optional: VDO Oil pressure sender with custom made adapter & hose to go to block fitting for add'l $100

I'm installing a Jetta 2.0l I4 this month, so you can drive it up until Friday, May 23rd when I pull the engine (I'm in Portland, Oregon). Will drain, palletize & drop to Conway Air & Forward Air shippers for $25. I've used both, and either should run approx $150-$300 CONUS.

David Jaffe Portland, OR 503-329-3993 orhiker@yahoo.com