Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 May 2003 22:38:51 -0400
From:         Jason Rutgers <swagenh2o@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Syncro saved by bulldozer-long-
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Decided to do some 'wheelin with the Syncro this weekend. Took a pretty deep water crossing (water came up to the bottom of the windshield when we first hit the creek.) We made it through with only minor leakage and sputtering from the wet engine. We hit some tight overgrown two-track and came out in a field. I saw a mud hole about twice as long as my van and decided to give it a go. Made it through with little difficulty. Had to turn around soon after and attempt the same mud hole from the other way. Got more speed than the last time but got hung up on the exit. Tried the locker, but it was no help. Luckily there was a bulldozer about 100 yards away. My step dad was paying this guy to make the two-track more drivable and he was leaving his dozer out over the weekend. Went and got my step dad's old Case show tractor and tried to tow it out to no avail. Keep in mind it is pouring down rain with up to 20-40+mpg gusts of wind. Went and begged the dozer driver to get rain gear on and come pull me out. My poor van with its engine submerged stopped running as we were getting towed out. When I turn the key all i get is a click like the starter is stuck. Pulled the plugs in case there was water in the cylinders, but all I got was the starter click. The engine did not get hot at all. Any ideas about what could have happened? BTW I have pics if any one wants to see what a moron can do with a Syncro van. Thanks for reading. Jason

_________________________________________________________________ STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail