Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 May 2003 00:33:47 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: third vehicle
Comments: To: craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO

Go ahead and get the Sienna. You can tow it behind the new motor home you'll need to tow it with.. Then you'll have to join the Good Sam Club and buy a Trendwest membership.

Personnally I wouldn't want to drive a non-power steering Vanagon so I put the Golf engine in, power steering and AC in my '82 Westfalia. Daily driver, though I don't drive daily. Drives like a '91.

The leap to these features except the engine/AC is only one year from 83 - 84 was the first year of PS- it sure saved me a bundle to upgrade the Westy since there is not a comparable product except for the Eurovan Winnabagel.

I love what my Westfalia does for me now. Oh what a feeling..

Robert K

1982 Westfalia 1986 Westfalia 1991 Syncro

----Original Message Follows---- From: Craig Oda <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO> Reply-To: Craig Oda <craigoda@COMMUNITYBUILDERS.INFO> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: third vehicle Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 15:00:15 -0700

I would love to get a converted nissan, toyota, or honda van and have all the stuff that is in a Westy. Is there any company doing this? I am checking out the Toyota Sienna 4 wheel drive XLE. nice.... but where's the kitchen sink and the 2 double beds?

milford wrote:

>I've recently put my wife's westfalia into semi retirement. It remains >insured for trips but won't see daily duty. I bought a nissan multi, it >seems to have many of the vanagon features, in a compact fuel miser . >Sliding door(dual), tall ride, boxy styling, a very well thought out >vehicle. If you're thinking of a third vehicle, this car would help with >the vanagon withdrawals. So far I have hauled a sofa to the dump, trucked >home a few loads of soil and ran many an errant. I'm very pleased and >would recommend to others. That being said I have to say parts are a bit >scarce and require some skill in acquiring, but that's the norm right? > >

-- --- '83 Westy Watercooled '77 Bus Camper Living near San Francisco Airport Working in Palo Alto, CA

_________________________________________________________________ The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail