Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 May 2003 23:53:36 -0400
From:         David and Shirin <daveshirin@ENERGYUNITED.NET>
Subject:      looking for transmission rebuilder in North Carolina for 1982
              aircooled 4 speed manual

This is my first post to the list. I have a 1982 aircooled Westfalia and just lost forth gear, well I actually found fourth gear teath on the drain plug so I know where it went. :) Trying to locate a "local" rebuilder in North Carolina who does vanagon manual transmissions. The ring and pinion still look good and all the other gears are still working so I think its a good rebuildable core. If not local who does a good job rebuilding these things for a fair price. I found Rancho Performance industries in California who will do the job for $550 plus shipping. Anyone have any experience with the quality of there work. Should I insist on all new bearings? What weak points should I upgrade now while its out.

David White