Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 May 2003 07:18:01 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: F$&#$*& Transmission
Comments: To: Blake Thornton <blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU>

If by permanently engaged, you mean, always in gear, then it could be that your pilot bearing has seized to the input shaft. Mine came apart a few years ago, and would occasionally "lock up" whenever one of the bearing rollers jammed between the input shaft and the end of the crank, making it a bit difficult to shift. I had to drive the infamous Duffy Lake Road from Lillooet to Whistler this way... But since my bearing came apart, instead of seizing, I had little trouble getting the trans off.

Date sent: Sun, 18 May 2003 22:23:51 -0500 Send reply to: Blake Thornton <blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU> From: Blake Thornton <blake@MATH.WUSTL.EDU> Subject: Re: F$&#$*& Transmission To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM