Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 2003 00:18:08 -0500
From:         Fredrich Hesterberg <FredsVW@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: AC leak - how much to recharge
Comments: To: Debra Clark <clark10006@COX.NET>

Ms.Debra, This problem is a time and material job, because of the area to be covered doing job. Many places to find, many places hidden, where it is hard to get to. It will cost many dollars to get this job done, correctly anyway. Slow leaks are very hard to find and much can be spent in finding the right place to repair. As you say Huge. I would start at the easiest places for the orings to leak first. The back of the compresser, and the condensor in the front of van. Then start digging. Good Evening

Fred

E-mail message

Subject: AC leak - how much to recharge I haven't had a question in some time but I have one now. I've had my 90 Multivan since Jan. 2002 and shortly after purchase we had the AC converted and charged. The mechanics put in a dye since it hadn't been running cold and they suspected a leak. It blew cold all through the spring, summer and fall of 2002. I might have used it once since then and it was still blowing cold. However, today I tried it and even after 10 minutes, it was hot air. I'm not a big AC user but my husband loves it. My question is: Are there more likely areas that leak slowly like this and is it a huge, expensive job to hunt for it, and how much for the 134 re-charge. Thanks. Debra Clark Santee, CA