Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 May 2003 07:22:14 -0400
From:         George Wietor <George.Wietor@SPECTRUM-HEALTH.ORG>
Subject:      Re: 1st Annual Buses By The Beach
Comments: To: brien@ALLGOODTIME.COM

Hope to see all of you happy campers this weekend. Any last minute requests for stuff to bring? George

-----Original Message----- From: Brien Dews [mailto:brien@ALLGOODTIME.COM] Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2003 6:36 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: 1st Annual Buses By The Beach

Hi All, Our event is only a week away (May 16, 17 &18th) and the final preparations are coming together. When Todd and I decided to do this (at the last minute) we joked that even if no one else showed our families would still have an excuse to camp. I must say we have been pleasantly surprised by the response thus far. Right now I am trying to get a head count. As mentioned in the web page/ flier there will be a cookout on Saturday night. Todd and I will be providing items for the meal, meat, chips, potato salad etc. There will be a donation jar with the proceeds going to the Burn Survivor Benefit. If you can let me know if you will be joining us and how many you have in your crew that would be great. This campout/ car show benefits a really good cause. One of the most traumatic injuries a body can sustain is a serious burn. Surviving the physical effects of a burn is one thing, getting on with life afterwards is another. The Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors helps hundreds with this challenge every year. Burn survivors are the most courageous people I know. I realize this event is the same weekend as the Air-cooled show in Ann Arbor. I was encouraged that some adventurous folks are attempting both:^) So far I have a count of 7 buses and some non buses. Hey, we are not choosy. Everyone is welcome bus or not, VW or not. If you haven't yet, follow the link on our site to the Camping reservations. Then send me an email to let me know you'll be coming. Hope to see you there. Brien 84' Westy (the bus) Todd 87' Westy (Scarlet B) www.busesbythebeach.com