Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 May 2003 12:30:20 -0400
From:         Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Tow Bar questions..
Comments: To: Brian <VW_Westy68@WEBTV.NET>

Brian

there are several different tow bars that you can use. most people use the universal type tow bars uhaul, drawtite, and reese all make them. i use a older drawtite that is no longer made. to mount the brackets take the front bumper off by removing the 10mm bolts, then lay out the brackets. drill through front bumper beam and insert threaded rods and heavy washers through the beam and mount your brackets. when laying out the brackets make sure that when you drill through bumper box beam that you don't line your holes up with radiator brackets and such. good luck

jonathan