Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 May 2003 07:09:40 -0400
From:         Jeff Stewart <fonman4277@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Bug Out A Bust!

It was a typical Bug Out In Manassass yesterday. I've been going for so long I can't remember how many years it's been, but one thing is for sure: It will either rain or be ungodly hot-yesterday it was rain. I had my Chevy van and a small trailer loaded with bay bus parts to sell. I got up Sunday morning at 3:30, left the house at 4, and was sitting in line at 5:30. As usual, the officials were late in getting things going. Gates were supposed to open at 7:30 to let vendors in, it was a little after 8:00 when the line started to move. Just as I got everything and unloaded and set up, the rain came. Sales were very slow, and my dreams of making enough cash to cover the stuff I need for my '84 Vanagon quickly faded. Hell, I barely covered my cost of admission, $50.00 for a vendor spot. I did buy a Vanagon instrument cluster with a tach for a decent price, though. I didn't realize how bad my current instrument panel is until I saw this one-mine has obviously been pulled apart many times. Anyway, I did meet some new folks, and saw lots of old friends, so the day wasn't a complete bust. The worst part was packing up all the crap I didn't sell in the rain. Geez, can't wait until Bug Out 54 on Labor Day, that'll be the one where it's 100 degrees. Jeff