Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 May 2003 07:33:21 -0400
From:         "Benjamin E. Beasley" <bbeasley@MIX.WVU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: A/C Success
Comments: To: lauterba <lauterba@BELLSOUTH.NET>

John,

I am fascinated by your success story. I have a new receiver/dryer, a R134 conversion kit from Bus Depot and a gauge + R134 refrigerant system from Wal-Mart but haven't mustered up the nerve to try the swap. A few questions: Did you have the R12 evacuated by an A/C shop? What do you mean by "I pumped the system down overnight"? Did you simply unbolt the old dryer and bolt in the new one then add coolant or do you have to have a vacuum drawn on the system first? Hopefully my swap goes as well as yours.

Ben Beasley '87 Vanagon GL Syncro "Babe, the big blue ox"