Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2003 08:56:17 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Sliding Door Cluunk???
Comments: To: wilden1@JUNO.COM

Stan, --- or anybody with an 88 model vanagon of any sort, - would you take a look at the track where the sliding door closing mechanism operates to pull the rear of the door in tight, and tell me how yours is put together. On mine there is slit right at the end of the track, and the dust accumulated on the light oil/grease there shows the footprint or pattern of some sort of bumper stop having been there. The slit appears to be the retainer where perhaps a rubber bumper was pushed through. It would be a tight fit, but once pushed through it would pop out and hold the rubber or teflon bumper in place inside the end of the track to protect from the roller bearing slamming it every time the door closes.

Thanks,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver