Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2003 16:46:52 -0400
From:         "Benjamin E. Beasley" <bbeasley@MIX.WVU.EDU>
Subject:      Transmission CV Joint Seals

In reference to a recent post about possible leakage from a tranny seal at the CV joint; I inspected my rear CV joints and found a small leak on the passengers side seeming to come from the bottom of the boot. Now, it could be that oil is leaking from my shifter shaft seal where it inputs into the tranny. Not willing to take a chance, I called Bus Depot to order a tranny/CV seal. They have such a seal, part number 002 301 185A, for Vanagon but they don't know if it is the same seal for Syncros. Does anyone have any experience with this? Will the seal fit my Syncro and what is involved in changing the seal?

Thanks much,

Ben Beasley '87 Syncro "Babe, the big blue ox"