Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 May 2003 18:11:41 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Help! Fuel leak - FIXED!

Thanks to all who replied with excellent suggestions - the van is back home safely now, after about 20 minutes of fiddling. Turns out the rigid hose leading from the fuel pump to the firewall had slipped out of the 3" piece of rubber hose attached to the plastic fitting. The fitting itself appears ok, and given the proximity to the starter motor, I consider myself fortunate this time. It seems odd that such a critical union would not use a barbed or flanged connector. It appears that I could replace this section of rigid plastic line with rubber fuel line, except that it may not fit through the hole in the frame. Has anyone tried replacing this rigid line?

Thanks again!