Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 May 2003 10:06:10 -0700
From:         Ri <ri@RASAPRABHU.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Painting Fiberglass Top
Comments: cc: wilden1@JUNO.COM

We did ours with bedliner, and the roller that came with it. It's black.. but it looks good on our blue westy and matches the bra nice. It's lasting well, we're on 2 years, and it is really tough. Can be scrubbed with a brush to get the pollen off. Also, it would be possible to place a kayak, etc without worrying about scratching the roof.

It's very difficult to spray horizontal surfaces... especially really big ones that you can't reach both sides. We found a drywall bench was a big help! Let alone the airborne solvents that overspray all over the place.

Body shops have to comply with EPA/Environmental air cleanliness regulations. That's a good thing.

Glen & Ri

1987 TiiCo Westfalia 1967 SingleCab 2002 Prius