Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:59:31 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 86 syncro I-4 swap
Comments: To: dlu@PATROSA.CANISHE.COM

Right -o! Keep the discussion alive!

The I-4 bashers give needed publicity to a proven and reliable engine solution for the Vanagon.

This is always a good subject for the list as long as it doesn't degenerate into a cat fight because of one or two imature people who don't understand what a debate or discussion is.

True- we i-4 folks responded to a highly emotionally charged posting where we were implored three times(please please please) not to install an I-4 engine in our Vanagons.

Did I make a major mistake in putting a I-4 engine in my Vanagon which has served me well for 8 years? Did I miss something? Is there a secret horror awaiting me that no one has the heart to tell me about? Or am I defending it because it generates (not) income for me?

I think there are some who hate the bashing of any engine on this list because they are sleers of the same. But isn't critical duscussion and analysis of the Vanagon and it's engines a fair topic of conversation? Or should we talk politics?

Or do we have to follow some sort of general consensus not to offend anyone by not having bias toward one engine or another?

I did not object to Chris denouncing of the I-4 engine. Every such debate I welcome. Everyone here is intelligent and able to decide for themselves after hearing all the pros and cons.

But should we stifle honest fair discussion about things pertaining Vanagon?

What is inherently wrong or against list rules to discuss the opinions about engines? You have a WBX engine to sell OK- I see it now.

Well suppose I have a I-4 to sell- did I get on this list and say hey people let's stop talking about the 112 hp super waterboxer motor because it bores me?

Not me, I'll never say this because I find it interesting. If someone can actually save the WBX from extinction more power to them.

When you finally perfect it I hope you also made it easier to change that waterpump!

Robert 1982 Westfalia

----Original Message Follows---- From: Douglas L Urner <dlu@PATROSA.CANISHE.COM> Reply-To: dlu@PATROSA.CANISHE.COM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 86 syncro I-4 swap Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:13:51 -0700

>Does anyone else think this thread is getting old... very old...

Getting? I mean it's nice to know that lots of folks are happy with well done I4 conversions, but I'd sort of guessed that already . . .

Doug -- Douglas L. Urner <dlu@canishe.com> Port Orchard, WA +1 360 769 5565

Robert 1982 Westfalia 1987 Wolfsburg

_________________________________________________________________ Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail