Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Jun 2003 14:23:17 -0700
From:         David Jaffe <david-jaffe@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      FS:  Jetta 2.0l for Vanagon install w/EVERYTHING! (ECM, harness,
              mounts, etc.)
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com, syncrolist@yahoogroups.com

Folks,

Got this all together, but am now going with a Subaru 2.5l installation for my Syncro Adventurewagen (want that mucho torque). This setup will drop right into a 2WD Vanagon - for you Syncro folks, you'll need to get a KEP adapter plate (the only thing that isn't included).

FOR SALE: 1997 Jetta engine, 37K total miles with 10K on the clutch & pressure plate, and in literally perfect condition (if I can trust the person who sold it to me, as I believe I can. Since I never installed it I never fired it up.) The engine is the ABA block with the 2.0l cross-flow head (which gives better torque).

INCLUDES: complete wiring harness, all sensors, ECM (Motronic 2.9, which is OBDI, shockingly better and easier than making OBDII behave), all the engine mounts from a diesel Vanagon(preinstalled), diesel oil pan & oil pickup (preinstalled), the diesel molded hoses & coolant tank, the diesel exhaust manifold + exhaust header + muffler (muffler looks pretty beat), diesel bellhousing & starter, and the two mounting bars w/mounting plates.

ALSO INCLUDES: PS pump, alternator and AC Compressor with the various brackets to mount them, along with the original pulleys to use the Jetta serpentine belt. (I separately purchased these accessories, and they cost half-again the price of the bloody engine!) All you'll need is to get power steering & AC hoses made, but there's no way around that.

In case you're willing to modify an engine mount, I will include the original Jetta exhaust manifold which is larger and would therefore give a higher flow rate. In case they'd be useful to me, I purchased the coolant hoses that originally came with an ABA engine, along with the EGR pipe & manifold cover, and you can have them, too.

Everything above for $1475. This will get my money (although not my time) out of it. (Just a diesel mounting kit (missing the expensive molded hoses, oil pan & pickup & coolant tank!) reached $405 on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6770& item=2416645608).

I live in Portland, Oregon. For an additional $25, I'll strap it to a pallet and drive it to either ForwardAir or Conway Trucking. Act fast, because if I don't get it sold in a few days, I'm gonna put this on eBay with this as the starting price. (I'm going to get lots of calls, so I probably can't "hold it until next week when I'll finally sell your fishing boat" or whatever. :^)

David Jaffe 503-329-3993 orhiker@yahoo.com