Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:13:43 -0400
From:         Ben huot <huotx@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: 1982 EGR valve
Comments: To: David White <daveshirin@ENERGYUNITED.NET>

Pleasssssssssssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee................... When I read post about pollution coming from North American... it make me mad/sad!

Bill, i was asking myself the same question (am converting a 73 carbs to FI), and NO, it doesn't make much difference in normal driving condition in regards of drivability, it's mostly an environment issue, about that subject, I have a lot to say!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thing, you should know that I care about environment and I drive a 2000 Honda Civic (we don't need to talk about this one!), a little 1983 Kawasaki GPz550 and a 73 Westy------------Not a big SUV with a V8 (don't tell me that my Westy is polluting more than a V8 or even a V6), a small motorcycle (doing 200miles on 1 tank) to drive downtown and when I have no need for a car (fun to drive too of course) and NOT a big V8/V10 RV,s... So

already I did more than my share in regards of vehicle only.

I also recycle a lot, in many ways (Work and home).

I've been around!!! Driving both of my Westy’s across North America ( http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/ ) and let me tell you 1 thing, if most North American (including Canadian of course) would have a smaller car/van/truck, we as human been would make a very big difference in the environment /pollution problems. I was amaze by how NA drive big vehicle for NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

Especially in the southern part of the US!!!!! You see those big "Crown Victoria", Eplorer, Navigator... and so on everywhere with a single guys in a "Suit" talking on is Cell phone. So please..................

I tried hard to find that EGR filter to make my FI conversion complete but it's almost impossible to find the missing parts (including the exhaust system that goes with this one), so the hell with it! I will block the hole in the intake manifold and that it, I won't feel bad for a second about that, never!!!!! Instead I will continue driving an intelligent car company that produce the best low emission car.

Stop driving those big car/van/truck and don't make me laugh when you say you need it!!!! If we (VW owner) can manage with a 60/90 HP engine, other can with a simple V6 or big 4cyl, change your way of thinking about owning a

big car/truck/van!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea, that’s the American way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT

Now we are not talking about the "delicate" subject of getting that Non-expensive "Fuel" to continue driving our big SUV.

Ben http://pages.infinit.net/eurokit/