Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jun 2003 12:47:21 -0700
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday -- How to start a new term
Comments: To: freeholder@STARBAND.NET

Gee! Bill read the archives ............... this is just my continuation of China Bashing that I've been at for three years. OH! By the way my Chinese Made BTE brand CD burner that I haven't gotten the rebate on from six months ago quit reading CDs, it burns them but doesn't read them. The timer stuck (spring broke, stuck whatever) on a toaster oven and got hot enough to scorch the new $1700.00 genuine Formica counter top in my kitchen. The toaster oven is made by Toastmaster but it says on the sheet metal bottom "Made in China". --------------------- It is up to the consumer to return all of the defective goods to the dealers and distributors for refunds or replacements. When the warehouse storage area for defects and returns becomes sufficient to demand a listing in the company budget they'll get the message. I've sold to many companies that had a substantial area fenced off just for securing defective and return merchandise. The return counter at Wal Mart will get you a credit or your money back faster than you can check out at the cash register counter ................. sure they know they're selling crap. ------------------------ The current burr up my butt is that the City of Dallas "Red Tagged" my plumbing on a new building because no-one was there that spoke English to tell them that the number on the front door was correct for the inspection. Prior to that they told my tenant that he needed 21 parking spaces for a 1200 square foot building used as a welding shop. (Actually the required parking is 1 for each 1000 square feet) In effect that 7-11 Stores could operate with only 5 parking spaces for 3000 square feet but I needed four times as many for half the square footage. They also require me to have two handicapped (men/women) restrooms for the public but have no restrooms for the public of any kind at the building inspection offices. (I already had the restrooms in compliance with Men and Women signs but no sign with an ICON of a wheel chair.) I didn't know how much bribe to offer or I'd had everything running smoothly now. Oh! By the way Bill, the inspector's name is Garza and he speaks Spanish. Now the next thing is that the tenant is an illegal and does not have a Social Security number and he must have one to get the Certificate Of Occupancy. No CO, No Lights. I'm seriously thinking about calling the Immigration Department and giving them my address at all my rental properties so they can haul the whole lot of my tenants back to Mexico and I can start over renting to nice legal Americans. I'm going to sign off all of my mailing list accounts and come back on as "Archie Bunker" but you can still call me Stan.

Stan Wilder

On Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:52:00 -0700 Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET> writes: > I am guessing that some recent failure prompted this post. Care to > share it with us? > > Bill in the Southwest > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Stan Wilder" <wilden1@JUNO.COM> > > If I can't buy American Products or at least a quality counterpart > from > > Taiwan. Japan, Brazil, Mexico I have to buy the Chinese but I > don't have > > to take a screwing. > > If I can't get the world to boycott them I can at least put my > name on > > the computer at the vendor that is selling their low quality > products. > > If a Chinese made gate operator or garage door kills one of your > children > > by crushing them to death because of a mal function or > manufacturing flaw > > and you go looking to recover your medical and funeral expenses > you'll > > realize that this isn't just the ravings of a madman. (I imported > Chinese > > gate operators until I found that they had a disclaimer for > everything > > and I was the responsible party because I sold the product. Yes! > Gloria; > > There are Chinese Attorneys.) > > It might not be your child that gets injured it might be you > getting > > blinded by hitting a Chinese pickle fort on your next Vanagon > repair job. > > A chip flys off and you loose an eye .............. too bad > buddy. > > So fellows if it has a Chinese Warranty .............. buyer > beware. > >

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!