Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:32:19 -0700
From:         Antaki <wrack@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Floorpan rust
Comments: To: ian Butler <ian@BLUEMOON.HPLX.NET>

3M makes a panel bonding adhesive for autumotive repair, they claim is better than welding in most cases. I do tend to trust 3M, they seem like one of the few companies whose products actually live up to the hype. Now, I have absolutely NO experience with this product, but was referred to it from some other posting, on a Yahoo group I think.

The product is: - 3MT AutomixT Panel Bonding, a Two-part urethane and epoxy adhesives designed to bond sheet metal, aluminum, SMC and FRP, (traditional fiberglass)- from their web page. Just search on the name, or give the below URL an attempt. You can also go to 3m.com, and drill your way there.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/automotive_aft ermarket/node_GSNPLCPK5Bbe/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GSLPLPKL4Xge/gvel_6DT WTJQPBBgl/theme_us_aad_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

At any rate, this may make repairs easier and better. Good luck, may the restoration come out nicely!

Ron '86 SW - Quadrat '88 Wolfie - Bluberry 'etc.