Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:37:09 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: weird little brake noise - thanks
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

I would not reliy on " they were changed just last year!"

Front pads take a heavier load in stopping than do the rear shoes, and will require replacing more often. So far my front pads are running three pad changes for every one shoe change.

Changes the pads is easy, IF the discs do not need turning. If they do, it will take you longer. If not, then the job can be do on both front wheels in 30 minutes.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver