Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:44:02 -0400
From:         Mike Collum <collum@MFX.NET>
Subject:      Re: 87 SynroGL-No start
Comments: To: Randy Charrette <rcharrette@HOTMAIL.COM>

Randy,

Vanagons, syncros or otherwise, don't have pumps in the tank or pre-pumps anywhere for that matter.

I had the exact same symptom on a 1.9 one time. I was on a trip and as I exited the freeway to a rest area, the engine died and wouldn't restart. I did the same fuel checks with the same results. Luckily, I had a spare ECU with me. After swapping ECUs I had no more problem .... fired right up.

After I got home I put the old ECU back in and the van wouldn't start. Put the "spare" in again and it runs fine.

Granted, the 1.9 is a digijet but what the heck .... could be ....

Mike

'84 GL 7 pass '85 GL Westy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Charrette" <rcharrette@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 9:17 AM Subject: 87 SynroGL-No start