Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:28:41 -0700
From:         "Douglas L. Urner" <dlu@PATROSA.CANISHE.COM>
Subject:      Re: BusDepot.Com Beta Test - STILL TESTING - 10,9,8,7 . . . (NVC)
Comments: To: THX0001@AOL.COM
              04:17:00 EDT." <24.3feedba0.2c16edfc@aol.com>

George Goff writes:

><< 5) General comments and suggestions. Be brutally honest. I really want >to know. >> > >Ron, my man, instead of expecting a free ride from the List, why don't >you just break down and hire someone who knows what they are doing? >Now, can I give my 10 points to someone else?

Couple of things:

1) Ron had indeed offered to pay for our testing, 10% is real money when I add up the list of parts I'd like to buy. 2) Ron is running a business that makes money off of us -- true enough. But he is also providing a service to the community -- both with his business and by improving his web site -- it seems only fair that he should ask for help. We have no obligation to respond. 3) In my 20 plus years in software a beta test has pretty consistently meant a public test. The purpose of the test is to find out what the "experts" have missed -- real users think of things that no product manager or engineer can conceive of :-) In my experience most testers have felt adequately compenstated by the thrill of being in the inner circle and knowing that they have some influence on the final outcome.

Doug -- Douglas L. Urner <dlu@canishe.com> Port Orchard, WA +1 360 769 5565