Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:13:01 -0700
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      More Friday Abuse Stories

Back in the 70s I had a room mate that owned a Dachshund. The dogs name was Budweiser (appropriate since Hank the owner thought about that a lot). Budweiser loved to ride in cars and she had several cute and sometimes charming habits. One of those was to sit straight up on her butt, I'm talking about like a Prairie Dog sits, just right straight up with her little front pays dropped down beside her. Very cute. Anytime Hank and I watched the Football games or TV of any type Budweiser would get upon the couch, she would assume the upright position on the couch cushion next to one of us and lay her paw on your arm. She'd be leaned back against the couch and would just patiently sit that way for hours. She tolerated us getting up for Beer or Snacks and then put her little paw to rest once again on our arm, either one of us, she wasn't all that loyal. Many times she'd speed move through open car doors to go for a ride. This wasn't a big problem since she just settled into the back seat and was well behaved. One Saturday morning I was driving through the Drive Through teller's window at the bank and the Teller asked, "Does that dog always sit like that?". I was surprised because I didn't know Budweiser has gained unlawful access to my rear car seat. I looked around and Budweiser was sitting there next to the rear door with that Prairie Dog routine and that one paw rested on the armrest. I told the Teller .............. "No Of Course Not! Only when she rides in cars or watches TV".

Stan Wilder

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!