Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 9 Jun 2003 01:13:44 -0400
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <TCarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: question regarding clutch bearings and shifting problems
Comments: To: "mostd@JUNO.COM" <mostd@JUNO.COM>

Hi David,

The input shaft *is* relatively easy to replace one the tranny is out. The real PITA is pulling the transmission!

Here's what's entailed in pulling the trans. Oh, and pay attention to the part of the article about the pilot bearing.

http://volksweb.relitech.com/clutch.htm

And to replace the input shaft, have a look at:

http://volksweb.relitech.com/vanagon2.htm

Take care, TomC

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://volksweb.relitech.com http://checkerweb.relitech.com 85 VW Vanagon Crew Cab 82 VW Westy Diesel=>Gas Conversion 81 Checker A-11 (Taxi) 65 VW Notchback