Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jun 2003 23:50:32 -0500
From:         Mel Miller <nourmahal@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Title Check (Carfax) Question
Comments: To: Steve W <croatoa@YAHOO.COM>

Howdy Steve,

I would ask for a copy of the registration. As long as title name and registration name match and you feel comfortable with the guy it is probably not hot. Ultimately, you can call your local PD and ask to speak to the auto theft division. Explain your fears to the investigator and ask him/her to run the plate. Tell him the owners name and if everything checks out buy it!

Good Luck, Mel Miller TX PI Lic #: 147910 Shawver & Asso. P.O. Box 1592 Corpus Christi, TX 78403-1592 (361) 880-8968 Fax (361) 880-8971