Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:39:51 -0700
From:         "Phil S." <napszeerf@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Adding New Interior Lights

Ralph, LED's use low amounts of electricity, they are "low draw" as they say. i use a "10 candella" power LED for a map light using a 220 OHM resister and an on/off switch. i mounted the LED overhead next to my rear view mirror pointed down to the right of my lap area. It is a stealth installation and it takes up no room, which is nice! I just installed another one in my rear closet last week.

good/cheap source for LED's: www.thepowerlight.com PO box 494 Algona IA 50511-0494 800-949-4888

Phil 84' Westy Tiico

--- Ralph Channell <pchannel@PACBELL.NET> wrote: > Hi. > 3-year lurker here. Finally bought a 91(90) Westy > from a fellow listee last month. > I need too add/replace the wimpy interior light near > the stove. Any suggestions? > > I recently saw Larry Roadhaus's LED track lights > that were really nice. Another Westy owner had > several small fluorescent lights lined up together. > What would the power consumption be on this? > > Thanks, > Ralph Channell > 91 (90 in CA) > White Westy > "Das Fort" > (still working on the name)