Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:36:11 EDT
From:         Kevin Carrubba <CTTAPER@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: need afm to throttle body hose  aircooled,

Hi Everyone, Thanks for everyone's help on this I patched it up with some good for now and it seems to be good. But my idle problem is still there ( can't get it to idle above 600) but I think my mechanic sold me the wrong dizzy :( I can't seem to get the timing right and he told me some bs thing that as long as it is not advancing past the scale at full throttle then it is fine I think that is wrong why would there be a book with specs if that is the case Trying to do it right 7.5 btdc the vacuum canister hits the engine tin the canister was too big to put it the correct way on the other side of the Cold start valve. Anyway anybody know the correct part # for the dizzy on an 81 Vanagon it needs the Dizzy with 2 vacuum lines. I'm hoping he will have it but I want to verify the part number as I just want to be able to use this thing once before the 2 weeks of summer are over in VT. Also how do I tell if this thing is a calif. model I can't seem to find any sticker it has the 72-74 exhaust so I can't tell by that. TIA Keivn 81 Vanagon