Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:07:44 -0700
From:         Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      emergency hose fix/ on the road/ middle of nowhere

what would you do? it happened to me, I got lucky, just had to cut and reattach, then drive a few more miles and replace the entire hose...

but what if I hadn't been so lucky? what could I have done to be better prepared?

have the complete set of hoses with me.

thats alot of money

have metal piping short pieces, that I can insert into the hose, as a replacement for the hose part I cut out because its' sprung a leak... and hose clamps

or, have the same as above, but now the metal is longer, and now I have new rubber sections, so I can use the longer length of metal pipe with the shorter rubber sections to join ... (so the the part I'm replacing was one hose and two hose clamps, and the hose I'm installing is four hose clamps, two rubber sections for each end of the metal piping, and one metal pipe... )

then also, is there a tape you can use...

oh, and epoxy maybe... even epoxy the entire length of hose, all the way around... but then what about using the hose clamps...

and hose clamps are better to replace with than the original clamps... but you do have to remember to retighten/check a few times down the road....

okay... what are the answers????

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail