Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:22:46 -0500
From:         Bruce Nadig <motorbruce@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: DynaCam Engines - Possible V-gon Engine Swap!!!
Comments: To: j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET

Let's see. They haven't actually sold a single engine yet. They don't make any horsepower claims (maybe it will be worse than a wasserboxer). No pictures of what the engine looks like on the inside. There are lots of "we plan to" "we are in the process of" "our goals are" type of statements. There was even one mention of their intention of selling the engine in lots (the smallest lot size was 5). Finally, not once did I find mention of any sort of automotive application for this engine.

I would bet that this engine operates (if it operates at all) very well over a very limited RPM range. This is common in aviation, marine, and industrial applications. What this means is that it could be difficult, if not impossible, to drive it around town easily.

As a final note, there are a lot of folks on this list that complain about the availability of parts from Volkswagen (or other conversion manufacturers). What are your chances of finding replacement parts when your engine poops out in the middle of west Texas or on the plains of Montana?

To me, this looks like a VERY poor candidate for a Vanagon engine conversion.

Bruce

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail