Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:57:16 -0500
From:         Fredrich Hesterberg <FredsVW@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: New AC Thing
Comments: To: John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>

Mr. John, I find out where to get here, from mr. Terry

Mel Brown Farm Supply Johnstown, Co. (970) 587-2249

This is where he get it from.

Good Evening,

Fred

E-mail message

I haven't called them to check this out, but heaven knows we need something down here in the deep south to satisfactorily replace R-12. I note that this product seems to be sold only in Canada?? John Rodgers 88 Gl Driver

Fredrich Hesterberg wrote:

I find this report, and it sounds good.

Good Morning, Fred

E-mail message       New found AC Refrigerant Hey All--     I have been fighting off the known dismal change to the R 134-A for years, in my vehicles, as well as at work in customer's trucks. The simplest reason is that it just is not an efficient refrigerant--period. And I personally don't care for the higher head pressures it requires to half assed function ---it will never replace R-12--in the cooling department. And Propane, or Butane products are totally out of the question--no way Jose--bad stuff-- However, I have found this off the wall product--and being the adventurous type---I order two 6 oz. cans of this refrigerant, and a 6 oz. can of their sealer-- I was reading about in an automotive publication I get--- It's called Red TeK--and it is a methane derivative--with some other who know's what ingredients-- I drop a a can of the sealer into the 87--( it has an ever so slow leak--once a year --you'd play hell finding it type ) and then drop a can of the refrigerant into it--that's all--( the stuff at 6 oz. does the same thing as 18 oz. of R-12, and 16 oz. of R-134a ) The temp at the vents is now 36 to 38 degree's--at 60 mph--or with a fan in front of the condenser, while testing-- The sealer allegedly plugs nothing until a leak appears--and then it seeks moisture--at that area. Until then it just lubricates the system-- It is totally compatible with 12--and mineral oil-- It is totally compatible with 134 and ester oil. I've had the stuff in my Van now for 4 weeks and it has never blown this cold out of the AC vents--even with the 12---I am impressed. The craziest thing is they don't want you to pull a full vacuum on the system--the stuff is supposed to be dropped into the low pressure side at zero--not 28 or 30. The instructions say that the refrigerant works best this way--because it expands-- and it also disperses moisture in the system-- and if it released into the atmosphere-it turns into a carbon product-- go figure--it's a friendly item for the greenpeace folks-- Anyway--I know the summer months are are around the corner--and I can see the influx of AC questions and comments coming-- Here is an excellent, reasonable R-12 alternative that I have found--and tried- Works good. ( and very cold ) Later,           ________           |[  ] [  ] [ ]\           |    |    |    | ~~~ ~||-(())----(())-| Terry--               "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ http://community.webtv.net/CTONLINE/terryshighonlifepage http://community.webtv.net/VanStuff/VanagonWestfalia

Fred