Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:28:36 -0700
From:         Bill N <freeholder@STARBAND.NET>
Subject:      Re: SUV Bashing)  was Think Positive to start your new year

Honda thinks it's an SUV, and features reviews on their site that also describe it as an SUV. The Isuzu Axiom is another vehicle that is a bit of a crossover. Isuzu calls it an SUV, but I think it looks like somebody crossed an SUV with a mini-van. Not a bad cross. SUVs and mini-vans are so popular because both give you a vehicle with multiple functions, much like our Vanagons. With any of these you can haul people, lumber, and a lot more. Many, like our Syncros, have rough road/off road ability. Our Vanagons are clearly mini-vans, and the Synchro is an SUV/mini-van hybrid.

Of course, I live in truck country. I live on what is considered a main road in this area, about 8 miles out of our little town. Yesterday as I drove into town I counted vehicles. I passed 26 vehicles coming the other way. Yep, 26 vehicles in 8 miles is considered a major road here. Two of them were semi trucks. Eleven were PU trucks, all full size. Four were mini-vans. One was a full size van. The other eight were SUVs, and three of those were Suburbans. Not one sedan in the lot. There are some sedans around here. I just didn't see any on this trip. They are is a definite minority in this area.

Bill in the Southwest.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Fitzsimons" <Mfgavia@AOL.COM> > > SUV??? Perception is an interesting thing...... > > My neighbor has one of these and after looking at it from a distance and > close up I still only see a very efficiently designed MINI-VAN.