Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jun 2003 18:55:55 -0600
From:         Eric and Marica <eric.clarke@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Triple Conundrum

Could of questions for the crowd

1) Tools - what tools do you normally pack for a week or two excursion? Just curious to see what everyone has to say and also to see what I may want to bring.

2) Driver side stabilizer bar on an 80' Westie - I replaced this when I bought it last year and was quite surprised to find out it was snapped again.. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this a common problem? It's a $125 CDN part and I'm kind of burnt having to replace it before a week of camping my way across the prairies (5,000 KM in 8 days planned for next week. See question 1!)

3) Ok, I figger I'm a pretty mechanical kind of guy buy how the hell does this car jack work? It's about 2 1/2 feet long, tubular with a hinged bar on the side and a crank. This shouldn't be a Mensa test... am I missing pieces? There was a nail in the bag. S'about it. I'm only asking because I have to fix #2 above, and I normally pack a small trolley jack (see #1!) that I would just as soon not bring to Winnipeg.

By the way, I've been a member of this list for about a week and I must say I'm impressed by the lore passed around and the 'community' feel of it.

Have a good evening folks.

- Eric

Perhaps next time I'll ask the question - what do you pack where - and why?