Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:30:02 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: SUV Bashing)  was Think Positive to start your new year
Comments: To: Andrew Fox <afox@CNR.COLOSTATE.EDU>

Andrew Fox wrote:

> [...]

Vanagons ARE as reliable as other 10/12/14 year old and older vehicles. And in my case mine is a daily driver, so it has to be reliable. Granted, it has on occasion, had some biggies, but once those biggies were taken care of, there has not been a biggie since. Last one was four years ago when the engine burned a piston. I probably could have just top overhauled it, but I figured that the PO must have abused the snot out of it to have a brand new factory remanufactured engine go bad somehwere around 40,000 miles, so I had it rebuilt. Since then there has just been routine maintenance that every car must have.

My $0.02.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver