Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:12:37 -0500
From:         Christensen <populuxe@QWICS.COM>
Subject:      Re: vanagon sized/shape/style vehicles

friend of mine had the mitsu van, called it "the toaster". Bought it on the west coast. Brought it back to Wisconsin. He gave up on it. Know why? The head gasket blew out AGAIN. He had it on e-bay, unsuccesful. I did notice that there was another cheap e-bay mitsu van--also bad head gasket. No problem, also up for auction was a head gasket rebuild kit--about 65 pieces...thats why my friend ditched it. oh, by the way, he had the mitsu because he couldn't get a resonable/newer vanagon where he was(San Diego).

chris c

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Demarest" <tim.demarest@POBOX.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2003 5:12 PM Subject: Re: vanagon sized/shape/style vehicles

OK, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks those Mitsubishi vans look kinda cool. Sure, the only *other* people who agree with me also think Vanagon's are kinda cool...

Wouldn't give up my '85 Westy for anything... (unless I find a nice clean Syncro Westy being sold by someone who has no idea what it's worth... :-)

Tim