Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:28:16 -0400
From:         Kevin Curry <kevin@IDRAW.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radiator fan dead?...FIXED!!!...Power mirror bonus! (Audi)

The wrecking yard gods have smiled upon me.

When I went back to retrieve the radiator fan (to keep as a spare), I noticed that someone had taken one of the exterior mirrors off the 1987 Audi 5000S (just the glass), leaving the power mirror motor exposed. It looked mighty familiar and upon further inspection, turned out to be EXACTLY the same as the VW one. I promptly removed both as I needed one for the set of power mirrors that I am putting on my Syncro (not powered yet, but at least they won't flop around at speed). I also removed the complete wiring harness for these mirrors (major PITA) and, while it has audi connections, I'll attempt to change it over to use in my van (someday).

I have yet to see a Vanagon with power ANYTHING at a wrecking yard (I'm in the Los Angeles area) and do not know how many Audi 5000S' meet this fate, but between the two it sure increases the odds of finding what you need.

Hope this info is helpful

Kevin Curry '87 Syncro Westy