Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:34:54 -0400
From:         Jim Henry <jch@JCHGIS.COM>
Subject:      Re: New AC Thing
Comments: To: laurasdog@WEIRDSTUFFWEMAKE.COM

Steve or Terry?

did this come to you from the list, or was it spam, I would like to think that this is good stuff and try it but am having trouble tracing where the original post came from, anyone on the list? I talked to the folks, they are in TN, the web site is in Canada. I am wondering if they are avoiding some interstate trade issue or something. Seems that they want you to buy the stuff in case quantities ($85). Not a bad deal is it is real. Anyone know anymore. Most things too good to be true, are.

Thanks,

Jim Henry Durham, NC 84 westy

Steve Delanty wrote:

> Sounds good. They also have a website: > > http://www.redtek.ca/home.html > > > > > Fred wrote: > >> I find this report, and it sounds good. >> >> Good Morning, >> Fred >> >> >> E-mail message >> >> New found AC Refrigerant >> >> Hey All-- >> >> I have been fighting off the known dismal change to the R 134-A >> for years, in my vehicles, as well as at work in customer's trucks. >> >> The simplest reason is that it just is not an efficient >> refrigerant--period. >> >> And I personally don't care for the higher head pressures it requires to >> half assed function ---it will never replace R-12--in the cooling >> department. >> And Propane, or Butane products are totally out of the question--no way >> Jose--bad stuff-- >> >> However, I have found this off the wall product--and being the >> adventurous type---I order two 6 oz. cans of this refrigerant, and a 6 >> oz. can of their sealer-- I was reading about in an automotive >> publication I get--- >> >> It's called Red TeK--and it is a methane derivative--with some other who >> know's what ingredients-- >> I drop a a can of the sealer into the 87--( it has an ever so slow >> leak--once a year --you'd play hell finding it type ) and then drop a >> can of the refrigerant into it--that's all--( the stuff at 6 oz. does >> the same thing as 18 oz. of R-12, and 16 oz. of R-134a ) >> >> The temp at the vents is now 36 to 38 degree's--at 60 mph--or with a fan >> in front of the condenser, while testing-- >> >> The sealer allegedly plugs nothing until a leak appears--and then it >> seeks moisture--at that area. >> >> Until then it just lubricates the system-- >> It is totally compatible with 12--and mineral oil-- It is totally >> compatible with 134 and ester oil. >> >> I've had the stuff in my Van now for 4 weeks and it has never blown this >> cold out of the AC vents--even with the 12---I am impressed. >> >> The craziest thing is they don't want you to pull a full vacuum on the >> system--the stuff is supposed to be dropped into the low pressure side >> at zero--not 28 or 30. >> >> The instructions say that the refrigerant works best this way--because >> it expands-- and it also disperses moisture in the system-- and if it >> released into the atmosphere-it turns into a carbon product-- go >> figure--it's a friendly item for the greenpeace folks-- >> >> Anyway--I know the summer months are are around the corner--and I can >> see the influx of AC questions and comments coming-- >> >> Here is an excellent, reasonable R-12 alternative that I have found--and >> tried- >> Works good. ( and very cold ) >> >> Later, >> ________ >> |[ ] [ ] [ ]\ >> | | | | >> ~~~ ~||-(())----(())-| >> >> Terry-- >> "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom" >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >> http://community.webtv.net/CTONLINE/terryshighonlifepage >> >> http://community.webtv.net/VanStuff/VanagonWestfalia > >

-- Jim Henry Durham, NC 85 gsl-se 84 gsl-se lot of parts from 85 -se 84 volkswagen westfalia camper 95 aurora 96 olds 88 ls 97 geo prism lsi - wife's car