Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:06:28 -0400
From:         SStones <sstones@IDIRECT.COM>
Subject:      Re: (no subject)
Comments: To: Oldblue72@AOL.COM

At 06:44 PM 6/26/03 -0400, you wrote: >I'm new to the site.

Welcome aboard.

> Would like to know the best way to cool my oil on an 80 > van. Is 250 normal.

A lot of people like the Porsche oil coolers, they come up on Ebay often. Or. If you're serious about throwing some cash into it, Busboys has a selection that you can pick and choose the pieces you want from to get yourself a good kit for less than $150 http://www.bus-boys.com/oilcoolingremote.html

>And how do I stop all the postings to my mailbox?

You can send the command

Set Vanagon Digest

as the body text of an email to

Listserv@Gerry.vanagon.com

To get the whole list's discussion compacted into just a couple of enormous e-mails each day. I find that the digest is horrible to try to wade through and prefer the discourse coming in the multiple e-mails as the unsnipped quoting isn't so awful that way, but to each their own.

Also, you could send the listserv address the command

Set vanagon nomail

to stop it from sending you any mail at all, but then you'll miss the answers that aren't sent directly to you.

Your best bet would be to set up your e-mail client to filter all mail with the word vanagon in the To: line into a separate vanagon folder. I don't know what crap AOL encourages you to use as an e-mail client, but it would have to be configurable to filter into folders.