Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jun 2003 13:45:20 -0700
From:         HC Carter <hccarter@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      FS:  86 Vanagon Syncro - Seattle - $3445 offers/trades
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

1986 VW Vanagon GL Syncro 4WD Van. Syncro 4 wheel drive/all wheel drive system. 130K miles. 2.1L Waterboxxer engine. 7 passenger seating. Overall decent condition. Runs/drives good. Normal wear & tear - minor body damage (dings/scratches) - minor interior imperfections (no serious tears). 5 speed manual tranny with "granny" low gear. Bently official VW Vanagon/Syncro factory workshop manual. Medium blue metallic with silver beltline stripe. Blue/Black interior. Decent Michelin X radials. New Tag. Great on-line worldwide Vanagon & Syncro enthusiast resources.

I can email pictures - or - see the van on the web at: http://students.washington.edu/hccarter/syncro/

I hate to sell this rig - I always wanted a 4WD Van and I was going to turn the Syncro into a semi-serious, off-road/trekking vehicle. However, I just got a good deal on a newer Jeep that needs some work -so- the 4WD Van project will have to wait a while. Need the money and one project at a time!

The Air Conditioning does not work. To convert to an off-roader I had started to remove the air conditioning. The A/C is not really neccessary in Seattle -or- for off-road situations -so- I started to remove some of the A/C parts from the interior (primarily ducting & the rear evaporator/fan unit). I have NOT yet removed any of the primary A/C mechanical components (condensor/compressor/hoses/etc.) So - since I decided to sell the van - I can either leave the A/C on - or finish removing it - your choice.

I have researched Syncro pricing in the US and I am pricing the van agressively. I am asking $3445. I will beat the price on any "legitimate", roughly comparable good running Syncro Vanagon. Also, I am also running this sale as a reverse auction - NO EBAY!!! I am starting at a known top price - $3445. The price will be REDUCED by $100 every week - until it sells (or until the price gets down to $2245) at which point I will just keep the Syncro and take it off the market. I will also consider all offers and trades or partial-trades+cash (smaller car/truck/motorcycle, TIG welder, or ???).

I can help deliver in a reasonable radius around the Seattle area - Thanks - HC ===