Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:00:56 -0700
From:         Mark Dorm <mark_hb@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Q Re: bleeding thermostat
Comments: To: mjstelk@HOTMAIL.COM

is it becuase you can't open this valve... also, have you burped the system... its best to check the reserve tank several times after driving even one block at a time after bleeding the system... air can still be trapped somewhere, and it'll circulate through the system and belch out into your reserve tank... then you have to open you tank just enough to let this air come out... caution is, if you were to leave you cap open too long, the water can start boiling... so you're just opening enough to 'bleed' this resevoir, but you're not actually removing the cap, or dwelling on it too long.. Stop the engine if you're not sure.. and let it cool down again, and then you can later ascertain if you need add more water..

_________________________________________________________________ Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail