Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jun 2003 01:54:14 -0400
From:         caverat <caverat@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Free Sirius satellite radio system
Comments: To: Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@mac.com>

> As long as we are discussing this ad nauseum, I'd like to emphasize that > Sirius so far is visibly dedicated to anti-corporation controlled media. I > am talking about no agenda-spinned 3-letter networks or Clear Channel media > monopolies. > Finally, democracy has a voice again! >

Sirius has stated that the only people that they want to please are their subscribers, and they are committed to adapting their service and programming as necessary to provide something that their subscribers don't mind paying for. If enough of their listeners don't like what is being played on a stream and let them know about it, it will change. They changed their initial channel lineup in February and added/dropped channels partially in response to listener requests and to improve their offerings. From their web site - "Now it's time to side with the music again. It's time to make the music famous again. It's time to get behind the musicians again. It's time to play music uncompromised by money, politics or corporate agendas. It's time for SIRIUS to give the music back to the listeners, because in the end, the music always wins. And those who stand in the way of music always lose."

Guess who is a major investor in XM - Clear Channel, the same guys who have help to make FM what it has become today. IMO, XM will become known as a better alternative to FM, but Sirius will be known as something completely different.

caverat

89 westy Satellite radio fan and unofficial salesman who isn't affiliated with anyone and isn't making any commissions or getting anything out of this other than lost sleep

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gnarlodious" <gnarlodious@mac.com> To: "caverat" <caverat@attbi.com>; "Vanagon" <vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com> Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2003 12:31 AM Subject: Re: Free Sirius satellite radio system