Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:04:16 EDT
From:         Mervyn Readman <Themervino@CS.COM>
Subject:      ignition woes

Had a melt down the other day. Smoking dashboard and all. Needless to say I made a clumsy effort at hooking up a dual battery relay up to the ignition. It must have gotten caught in the turning steering column and rubbed on the metal till it wore through. Now my ignition where the key goes does not work properly. I have rigged all the wires to work and it is running but I have one wire I am not really sure of. It is in front of the brake pedal (automatic tranny) and I am pretty sure is the disengage for the cruise control.One small wire coming in from under the dash somewhere and one going out that I am not real sure of. I think it goes to the key ignition area. The cruise control is not working. It is a black and red wire I am also looking for an ignition thingy. Where the key goes and the wires plug in underneath it. With key also of course. Thanks ya'll Merv