Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:06:05 -0500
From:         Christensen <populuxe@QWICS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Lake Superior trip --- any suggestions?

Doug,

Check out the Black Forest Resort. I was going to stay at pancake bay park about 7 years ago but it was raining and I did not have the westy. So, we (future wife) drove up the Queens hwy(west) a few miles, err, a, kilometers and found the "Black Forest Resort". There were billboards for it every 2 miles, it seemed, from Sault SteMarie. It was an old 50's type cabin resort w/ main lodge. The cabins were truly bad; holes in screens, millions of mosquitoes, a bucket in place of plumbing under sink (beginning to sound like a westy) and dust about 2 inches thick under the beds w/ dirty bedding of course. Anyway, a couple had taken over running the lodge trying to make a "go of it". Very friendly, accommodating folks, And eager to take American $$. The food was local and took about 2 hours but was excellent. spent the wait drinking mango margaritas. The night we stayed most everyone gravitated to the lodge for a drink, and stayed until 3a.m. Except for us most everyone was Canadian; going either east or west looking for work or adventure/work. Very interesting time--my first trip to Canada. Rates were about $30 cdn per night spent an additional $80 that night and next morning on drinks and food.

Chris C

----- Original Message ----- From: "developtrust" <developtrust@COX.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 12:26 PM Subject: Re: Lake Superior trip --- any suggestions?