Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jul 2003 08:55:33 -0700
From:         Lee Roesner <paradigm@ALLEGRAPRINTING.COM>
Subject:      Window Tint Nightmare :(

They are now on their 4th try on tinting my windows...first two tries where only the side windows which I pulled to do some minor body work...so I gave them to do pulled. Said they can do a better job pulled (guy has 20 years experience). They tried twice...either bubbled next day or air bubbles or...whatever?? Said its difficult to do with the windows laying flat. OK. So body work work is done now and windows where put back in (oops,,,rear vents put in backwards...take back and pull windows again and reverse). Da. Take van back to window tint place....oops, out of tint. Take back the next week. Two days later....stop in to pick up van... First glance, looks great. Second glance...looking from one side through to the other...I can see light coming in around a few windows...closer look. Could be as much as 1/8" here and there. Looked at drivers window. More light here and there. Looks like it was almost cut freehand. What the F#@k. I can do a better job. Owner of tint place said...oh shit...now he's going to have to do it over...not acceptable. No sh#t.

(Wait, let me get more Kleenex)...

This whole time I have been cool and calm and repeatedly said..."take your time...no hurry. Really. Just do it right".

So now today will be there 4th try. Am I a good guy or what? I am so patient...so f#@king patient.

So with that said...I called them this morning and left message that I will not accept job if I see so much as a bubble for crack of light. Job must be inspected by the owner. If they do not agree with this they can remove the tint and give me back my van and we each go our own way.

If any of you have your windows tinted...do you have any light coming in anywhere...how good a job can I expect? From the jobs I've seen I have never seen broken corners or any light what so ever. Let me know. I am to pick up van tonight.

Thanks for listening...

Lee :(

----------- Lee Roesner Paradigm Graphic Design & Web Development 710-B Landwehr Road Northbrook, IL 60062

Phone 847-509-8704 Fax 847-480-5701 PORTFOLIO: http://www.roesner.net THE B WORD: http://www.thebword.com/vw