Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 5 Jul 2003 00:27:41 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: The Skylighguy's replacement pop-top canvas

That's my project for this weekend. I got a color coordinated (burgundy) 3 vent canvas for my 91 Burgundy Syncro Westy. Removed the old canvas in about a casual 1 1/2. It was so much cooler up top once the canvas was out of the way...

Then I started on the new one. I was a bit surprised by the wood blocks (in the corners and middle) and those were the slowest to transfer over to the new canvas. Still I got the top reattached by sundown...at which point I stopped for the day to shoot off some birthday stuff...

Tomorrow I'll finish the bottom reattachment.

BTW, my old canvas (gray single window) is in decent shape except for a couple of small holes near the latch (where a previous owner pinched it in the latch) in case anybody wants it. By small holes I mean slightly larger than a pinhead (but too small for houseflies...I make no guarantees about black flies, noseemums, or misquitoes.)