Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jul 2003 07:44:41 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <j_rodgers@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: mystery van!!!
Comments: To: Sparky Bartee <sparky_bartee@YAHOO.COM>

Check the breather hose from the crankcase vent on top of the engine to the AFM. It's a short hose - about 6 or so inches, and tends to rot on the bottom of the hose where you can't see it. A piece of coolant hose works just great as a replacement. Might not last ten years, but it works. That hose rotted on my 88 GL and was causing me problems similar to yours. Replaced it and no more problem.

Good Luck.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver