Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:47:16 -0700
From:         Daniel Verner <vwtransporter1985@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      VW Transporter 1985 for sale

VW Transporter 1985 for sale from Canada Lot's of information herein included If you reply, make sur to write clearly Transporter in the subject section

Located in northern east coast Please, distribute message in anyone interested: Volkswagen Transporter 1985. Six passengers DoubleCab Water-cooled. 1.9 Liter (Gaz, not diesel). Four speed. Factory hitch New muffler, brake, clutch, gaz tank, Almost 100 pictures can be seen at this address: Http://photos.yahoo.com/vwtransporter1985 In good shape. Always well maintained. It is located in Longueuil (South of Montreal) in Quebec Canada (45 minutes north of vermont). vwtransporter1985@yahoo.com dverner@sympatico.ca 4995.00$Can/3750.00$Us Daniel Verner Phone (450) 448-2137 Frequently Asked Questions !!!! I have copy of all mechanical invoice for last eight years I am the owner for tose last years. I bought another car (Volvo 940 GLE 1991) for family reasons I am selling it because i don't want to maintain two cars. And also because i don't have the place to fix it like i would Hopefully it will find a owner who will love it and extend is life ! I had these repairs done recently: I changed the muffler. The brake pads and one caliper on back left side have just been changed. My mechanics suggested me that next time i should change the right side back caliper. Drums and disks were never "rebuild", i have always changed pad on time. The gaz tank was changed last year I had some problem with the "power" It was running like if it was on three cylinder Problem was that there was rust in the tank and filter always jammed. Clutch was changed in spring 2002 It was not worned out that much It's the motor seal who letted go oil on the clutch I had the rack and pinion (Front drive mechanism) changed in 2001 Paint is not original I am buying from a specialized paint shop where they make the paint with the original spec and put it in cans... This is why you don't see any appearant rust, but it is starting in some seems. No cracks in the windshield. All electrical function well except for fuel gauge who stopped last week. A fanatic would make a complete body job eventually. Cheap radio and equalizer are installed but they work. One hinge of the small door under the cargo just broked. It is in a state where it could be a good project!

The motor was not really opened. I had a head gasket changed once. It is pumping oil a little. But it is not making blue fume when running. Tires are winter tire, and are not well enough for the next winter. They are ok to drive where-ever it need to be driven but, It will need new tires once you get it. I have always alignment done every year. It has the tendancy to wear the front tire on the outside. I have always had that particular job done in Volkswagen dealer garage. I did not had alignment done yet this year. The mileage is 275000 Km (172500 Miles) The price is 3750$Us in Montreal, Qc As is Any US Requirement cost would be added on. DOT/EPA/NHTSA and whatsoever I am starting to inquire to RI (Registered Importers) Link for importing rules below

I have just added 30 more pictures Resolution is not quite as good as the first one Somebody inquired about rust So i took more pictures of where it could be seen !! But you can't see that much because i am taking care of it... The under the frame picture seem more dramatic But it is only surface rust....

Information for importation are available at: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ See the section Vehicle Importation Guidelines (Canada) See "Box 2b" I am in the process of getting the required compliance letters from the manufacturer (Volkswagen)! I am pretty sure that i have to change the speedometer to comply rules. Actual shows Kilometers and it have to show miles for US This is all question of bureaucratie...

Daniel Verner For driving indications, i suggest Yahoo.com and select "map" Then select driving direction My zip code is J4L 1E5