Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jul 2003 04:41:49 -0600
From:         s_j_wacker@JUNO.COM
Subject:      urgent help requested Denver Area
Comments: To: syncro@yahoogroups.com

As many of you know, Euro Cars Inc went out of business this month. Ken Morgan has our son's 1986 dark blue Syncro and we need to get it back.

Just a little background on this vehicle.

I found it on a lot in California a few years back and being a female and not knowing one vehicle from another I went home and told my husband that I found a Syncro for sale. Well, for once in my life I knew what I was talking about. We went down and looked at the vehicle and purchased it.

Our son was married on June 24, 2000 and we gave it to him as a wedding gift. He and his bride and her two boys enjoyed many camping and four-wheel drive trips in that Syncro.

On September 21, 2001 our son was killed in a vehicle accident outside of Mammoth, California, he was 28 years old.

The vehicle sat idle until my husband heard of Ken Morgan's work in redoing Syncro engines and we arranged to have him modify Kevin's (that's our son) Syncro to get it back on the road so that his widow and her two children can still enjoy it in Kevin's memory.

Now Ken Morgan won't answer e-mail, won't answer either of his telephones. I know that there are others out there that may have vehicles out there in this man's possession. We are asking for help in finding a very special vehicle with many memories for two parents, a widow and two children.

We live 250 miles from Denver and can come up on Monday, July 28th and Tuesday July 29th. What we are asking is that if anyone in the Denver are would please be on the look out for a Dark Blue Syncro with a California License Plate 2XRP181.

If anyone can please drive by the following address and check the lot of Euro Cars Inc at: 7667 E. Illiff Ave. Unit G Denver, CO

If anyone personally knows Ken Morgan and can find our son's Syncro, please help.

My husband has been a part of this list I think from the beginning. I often give him a bad time about the amount of time he spends with you now here I am asking for your help. Some of you may have camped with us in Moab or in Death Valley.

Thank you in Advance. Jo Ann Wacker