Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Jul 2003 14:16:50 -0700
From:         Lee Kouns <LeeKouns@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: help! fuel leak @tank 88GL

Matt, When gas came gushing out of the left side of my tank, I was able to feel that the crossmenber connecting the two sides of the tank was broken, causing the leak when the tank was filled completely. I siphoned off a couple of gallons of gas and was able to drive the van for a few days before I got around to replacing the crossmember. Although reaching the area was sometimes a challenge, I was able to replace the crossmember without draining or lowering the tank. If it would help, I may be able to forward an email from another list member that has suggestions on how to do the replacement. If the grommet holding the connector in the tank is not seated properly, you may need to seat it in the tank before inserting the connector. Good luck, Lee Kouns