Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2003, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:14:50 -0500
From:         "Dan R. Hall" <electro@WESTAL.NET>
Subject:      .3 BAR oil pressure switch
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>

Dennis, I've dealt with the oil buzzer and light coming on when slowing down the exit ramp after extended interstate driving for years. Years back, I'd ordered an oil pressure switch from local supplier for an '86 Vanagon. I installed it myself. Recently, I decided to replace it since the light/buzzer was still nagging me from time to time.

The switch I pulled out of there was the WRONG switch----a 1.8 BAR pressure sender. Since installing the .3 BAR switch, no light and no buzzer.

I have 55,000 or so on this motor. I would think that if I'd had a real oil pressure problem the engine would have torn itself apart by now.

Get the .3 switch.

I got mine from list member, Ron Salmon, at www.busdepot.com

Dan Hall '86 Westy Weekender "Das Boot"

----- Original Message ----- From: Dennis Haynes To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 9:02 PM Subject: Re: Where to buy 0.25 bar oil pressure sender?

The correct sensor is .3 bar, 4.2 psi. If you can't get 4 psi of oil pressure than you have to find out why. The part number 028-919-081-D and the list price is only $4.88 at da dealer.

Dennis