Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2003, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Jan 1970 08:33:33 -0600
From:         Mel Miller <nourmahal@ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Diesel Double Cab on eBay
Comments: To: Maynard Southard <echomhs@GIS.NET>

Howdy Maynard,

I have one of the Texas Transporters, exactly like your Col. Potter. It was purchased from the GSA in San Antonio by Nueces County. They auctioned it this year with 4500 miles on it. I bought it at the auction.

Mel Miller Corpus Christi, TX 361-937-3317 M725 M884 86 VW Diesel Transporter Doppelkabin Drop Side Pickup > From: Maynard Southard <echomhs@GIS.NET> > Reply-To: Maynard Southard <echomhs@GIS.NET> > Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 16:34:21 -0400 > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Diesel Double Cab on eBay > > Karl: > As I said, I don't know anything about this vehicle and your caution is > appropriate, however I got my Diesel Double Cab just about 20 months > ago and it was NOT one of Vlad's. > > Mine is a former U.S. military vehicle that was brought to the states > by the U.S. military and auctioned off by the GSA in TX. Mine has an > aluminum tag riveted to the dash on the passenger side that says > "Property of U.S. Government." It might be a good question to ask the > seller if such a tag exists on this one (it is hard to tell from the > interior photo, but it looks possible). > > I know that there were at least 3 such diesel double cabs and one > single cab auctioned at the same time by the GSA. Can anyone else here > account for one of those? (I know one went to a guy in St. Louis) > > Maynard > > On Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:54 PM, Karl Wolz > [SMTP:wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net] wrote: >> Does this look to anyone else like one of those sleazy deals from the >> eBay seller known as "Vladimir". The owner says that he's had it >> about >> a year, which sounds about right, time wise. >> >> Karl Wolz >> >> -----Original Message----- >> From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On >> Behalf >> Of Maynard Southard >> Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 7:29 AM >> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM >> Subject: Diesel Double Cab on eBay >> >> I spotted this VW Diesel Double Cab Transporter on eBay: >> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=242606 >> 9940 >> >> This is not mine and I do not know anything about this vehicle or the >> seller. I'm just passing along this information. You just don't see >> these very often! >> >> Maynard >> '86 DoubleCab Diesel "Col. Potter" >> '02 EV GLS "AMPvan" >> '00 Golf GLS TDI "WooHoo" >> '82 Westy Diesel "Reinhardt"